HIV Technical Director-Key Populations at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia - John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Position: HIV Technical Director – Key Populations
Department/Unit: Senior Management
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Chief of Party
John Snow Health Limited (JSH), a public health organization dedicated to improving the provision of public health services in Zambia and the region, is recruiting for an HIV Technical Director – Key Populations for the USAID-funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II). CHEKUP II aims to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. The program seeks to improve the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia.
The HIV Technical Director – Key Populations, will directly support the COP in the design, roll-out, day-to-day management, and implementation of community-based prevention interventions and related community strengthening activities.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership in community-based key prevention interventions and related community strengthening activities targeting populations at high risk of HIV infection.
- Lead the strategic approach, design, implementation, and monitoring of the project’s key population interventions.
- Coordinate work planning for project teams.
- Supervise and coordinate the technical team to ensure the timely achievement of goals and objectives.
- Provide technical guidance and supervision to technical leads as they identify and reach individuals at high risk of HIV infection and link them to HIV treatment and care services.
- Participate in reporting deliverables to the donor.
- Build the technical capacity of organizations that work with populations at high risk of HIV infection.
- Cultivate strategic relationships with USAID, team members, donors, private sector entities, government ministries and other stakeholders.
- Represent the project to the public and to professional counterparts through meetings, conferences and presentations.
- Ensure that best practices are implemented with fidelity at scale.
- Assist the COP in cultivating an environment of collaboration, technical excellence, shared learning, open communication, and mentorship.
- Provide other duties as assigned by the COP.
- A Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Social and/or Behavioral Sciences or a related field, specifically on community-level health promotion and/or education for key or marginalized populations.
- Minimum of seven years hands-on experience in designing and implementing large-scale HIV prevention care and support programs for key populations.
- Experience in a technical leadership/management role for a project of similar size and complexity with direct supervision of professional staff.
- Clinical/medical background is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in Zambia with a proven understanding of the national health system
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID’s policies, priorities and projects.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a Zambian national.
Supervision and Reporting:
The DKP will work under the guidance and supervision of the COP.
Method of Application
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, kindly assume that your application was unsuccessful.