Head Teacher at KAM Kindergarten and Primary School
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: KAM Kindergarten and Primary School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
- Bachelor’s Degree in Primary Education or an equivalent professional qualification
- Maximum 40 years old
- Five years working experience
- Experience in Private School
- Five credits including Mathematics and preferable a Distinction or Merit in English
- Proven success in a range of strategic roles including data management, self-evaluation and school improvement
- Knowledge of best practice and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- High level of personal skill in using and applying information and communication technology (ICT)
- Good organisational abilities and ability to delegate.
- Successful experience of providing for pupils with additional learning needs.
- Proven senior leadership and management experience of at least 3 years, as a successful headteacher or as a deputy headteacher in a large primary school.
- Be able to identify and communicate a clear vision for the future which will move the school out of special measures and be understood and acted upon by the whole school community.
- Proven experience of significantly raising pupil achievement and a strong commitment to ensuring that every pupil succeeds. A proven track record of ‘excellence’ as a class teacher
- Thorough knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Evidence of willingness to learn
- S/he shall lead, manage and develop staff to ensure that the school’s organisation, curriculum, and resources enable everyone to achieve the highest possible standards.
- S/he shall ensure the highest possible standards of education through the promotion of effective teaching and learning, a balanced curriculum, the provision of excellent pastoral care and support for pupils and a rich extra-curricular programme.
- S/he shall lead and direct all members of staff and pupils, through the direct management of the school’s leadership team, ensuring that effective responsibility is delegated through an appropriate management structure, and that the school complies with educational and other relevant legislation, including health and safety.
- S/he shall be responsible for promoting the aims and values of the school and ensure effective communications with all stakeholders, including governors, staff, pupils, parents, the community served by the school and relevant government agencies.
- S/he shall attend meetings of the governing body, provide governors with regular reports on school developments and activities and consult with the governing body wherever appropriate, for example in the formulation of development plans.
- S/he shall keep abreast of changes in government policy and wider educational practices, and shall be accountable for the effectiveness, efficiency and quality outcomes of all aspects of the school, including financial and human resources, pupil behaviour and discipline, educational and support services, and marketing and communications.
- S/he shall lead the shaping of the school’s future and ensure that everyone is enabled to contribute effectively to the progress and development of the school.
- S/he shall support the busy and varied life of the school, attending its events and wider programme of activities