Head Teacher at Bellbird Preschool
- Company: Bellbird Preschool
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Zambia
Bellbird Pre-School is a new Pre-School located on Twin Palm Road in Lusaka. The school aims to offer Baby Class, Middle Class, Reception and After School / Day Care services to families who live and work in the vicinity of Twin Palm, Ibex Hill, Woodlands, Kabulonga and surrounding areas. The school may eventually accommodate up to 80 children, although in the initial period, there will be need to attract parents to the school under a start-up scenario.
The Mission of the school is:
“Providing and enriching curriculum and a warm early childhood environment”
Enhanced early learning is the main focus of the school, but in addition, the school aims to provide additional opportunities for children to learn including:
- Out-door play equipment, that encourages physical development in a safe environment and creative play;
- Sport and swimming (the school has an attractive swimming pool and sizeable grounds that allow children to play different sports);
- Music and dance;
- Nature appreciation (children will be involved in planting and growing fruit and vegetables).
The Board of Bellbird Pre-School intends to offer services for children with Special Needs in future.
The key requirements of the role are detailed below:
(1) Leading the teachers and staff at the Pre-School.
(2) Communicating to stakeholders, and implementing Bellbird Pre-School’s vision, mission, and strategic plan.
(3) Development of school curriculum in compliance with the guidelines issued by Ministry of General Education, with enhancements to improve the quality of pre-school education for pupils.
(4) Being the main interface with parents who wish to send their children to the school, from initial contacts pre-registration, whilst children are attending the pre-school up until they are ready to leave.
(5) Undertaking some teaching (level of be discussed with the Board).
(6) Ensuring that standards of care and safety are maintained at all times.
(7) Establishing educational records for the school and for each child in accordance with best practice and statutory requirements.
(8) Monitoring standard of teaching and care of children.
(9) Preparing reports to Educational Authorities.
(10) Preparing reports to the Board of Bellbird Pre-School and
(11) Interfacing with the school PTA (to be established).
Note: there is also a School Administrator who will undertake many of the non-educational aspects of the management of the school.
Qualifications and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for applicants are as follows:
(1) Professional Teaching Qualification
(2) At least Three Years teaching experience
(3) Should demonstrate a high level of organisational discipline
(4) Experience in leading and motivating a team
(5) Experience in School Management an advantage
(6) Experience in developing specialist curriculum an advantage (music, sport, nature and environment, special needs etc.)
Form of application:
CV plus covering letter and references
Certified Copies of academic and professional certificates
Method of ApplicationMethod of application: applicants can email requested documents [email protected]
Closing date for applications is 27th January, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates: 31st January to 3rd February 2023