Head Mechanic at Bylo Enterprises Limited
- Company: Bylo Enterprises Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Chingola
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Bylo Enterprises Limited is looking for a suitably qualified Mechanic specialized in Volvo trucks and other light trucks, to maintain our fleet.
The candidate should understand Transport and Logistics.
The Mechanic will oversee the workshop and be responsible for maintenance and repair of the company’s fleet of vehicles, and trucks.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of workshop employees.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline of workshop employees in accordance with company policy.
- Plans and coordinates tasks and activities of company’s fleet auto repair shop, working on diesel-powered vehicles, and trucks.
- Prepares maintenance schedules for motor vehicles and trucks; notifies drivers when maintenance is to be performed.
- Performs repairs and maintenance for company vehicles
- Maintains database of maintenance and repair records for company vehicles.
- Oversees workshop inventory; orders parts, shop supplies, and equipment.
- Ensures all applicable safety standards and regulations are followed in facility.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engine repair.
- Extensive knowledge of trucks especially Volvo
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
Education and Experience:
- Grade twelve full Certificate
- Craft Certificate in Automotive mechanics. Diploma, Heavy Duty Repair an added advantage.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Vocational or technical school training preferred.
- Must be able to physically perform repairs.
- Must be able to work within tight schedules.
- Must be willing to work long hours.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
Only Copperbelt Applicants will be considered.