Grant Accountant at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia - WorldVision Jobs in Zambia
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Purpose of the position:
To develop and maintain an effective financial and administrative management system for the grant/project and its sub partners which complies with World Vision Policies & Procedures, donor regulations and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Provide effective oversight of the Program Management Unit’s accounting, administration, Information Technology and human resources supporting the successful implementation of the grant/Project. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
Grant Budgeting & Funding
Budget development in LEAP format – ensuring all project activities are adequately budgeted for and contribute to meet the project objectives. Revise the Grant budget whenever there is an amendment to ensure that cash/activity forecast are approved by donor for implementation Provide information to all field or program officers pertaining to the availability of funds Ensure budget availability before an activity is initiated Review funding requests from the sub grantees and Other CBO’s Facilitate and ensure all the projects are funded on a timely basis
Communicate with sub-grantees on grant finance management
Grant Monitoring and Compliance
Budgetary control-monitoring that expenditure is according to the agreed and approved budget Ensuring that expenditure is compliant with donor regulations, WV policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and with the agreed and approved budget.
Conducting Financial reviews, field visits and capacity to sub grantees Participate in review of and/or suggest strengthening of internal controls where necessary
In liaison with Finance and Administration Manager Conduct grant guideline appraisal and ensure that all staff on the grant programs are capacitated in grant management
Disbursement and Payment reviews
Review of payment request voucher to ensure sufficient and appropriate documentation, that it is properly coded and costs are according to cost principles (i.e. allowable, allocable and reasonableness) Perform detailed voucher verification to ensure compliance to WV policies and procedures Ensure accurate financial review of Provision requisitions, PO and timely submission of invoices to shared services center Ensure timely review and approval of concur travel/business advances and perform timely account allocation
Grant Financial Reporting
Ensuring correctness and availability of financial information for input into the National Office reporting system on a timely basis. Extract, review and analyze Sun-Systems data to ensure correctness and completeness in readiness for report preparation Reviewing sub grantee reports and make them ready for in-putting into sun system Provide a summary project expenses to Program team to monitor the
expenditure against the budget
Provide variance analysis to management and program on the financial expenditures Review partners reports for accuracy and completeness
Preparation and submission of Financial Reports according to the donor prescribed formats on a timely basis.
Ensure that payments are approved by authorized personnel all the time
Manage the balance sheet accounts of the grants which include among other things cash, bank balances, staff advances, payables and receivables Reconcile PBAS by harmonizing details for receipts from donor and support
Prepare Bank reconciliations
Audits and Risk Management
Facilitating both external and internal audit Ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented within the prescribed time. Ensure analytic review documents are prepared for audit purposes Resolve and implement audit recommendations and apply lessons learnt
Identify potential and inherent risks and device ways to mitigate their occurrence
Collaboration and Capacity Building
Train partners in grant financial management and reporting Train program staff on grant financial management Advise partners on WV policies and donor regulations Liaise with stakeholders on grant project related matters Providing grant expenditures and other information needed for strategic management especially in relation to grants as a strategic source of funding for World Vision
Attend to queries and give any advice needed by stakeholders as pertaining grants
Ensure that assets are used for the intended purpose Safeguard project assets
Maintain assets register
1. Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personal sense calling, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programs
2. Perform any other duties as assigned
The preferred candidate must:
- Be an honest and accountable person with resources
- Be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate and lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any finance related degree and
- Additional professional qualifications such CIMA, ACCA and CA is added advantage.
- Minimum of three years of experience in grant accounting is required with a preference for USAID/UKAID/EU/PNSF and other government grant experience.
- World Vision experience is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant would be desirable.
- Knowledge of SunSystems, Vision, CAL/DOS Allocation Methodology and other computer related financial/accounting system and budgeting is necessary.
- Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative.
- Must have a good command of the English Language, both written and spoken.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
- ZICA membership is mandatory
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd December, 2022.