General Manager, Twaabane Creative Centre at Twaabane Creative Centre (Tongabezi Trust School)
- Company: Twaabane Creative Centre (Tongabezi Trust School)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Livingstone
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Twaabane Creative Centre
P.O. Box 60113, Livingstone
An exciting opportunity for an experienced General Manager to set up and run a new community project just outside Livingstone, Zambia. If you have developed and managed a small business or a project for a community and have a passion for empowering communities, you may be just who we are looking for.
The Twaabane Creative Centre is an initiative set up by the founder of the highly successful Tujatane, Tongabezi Trust School. We are looking for someone to establish and run Twaabane, a centre for Zambian Arts and Crafts, which will focus at the beginning on textile products. The project vision is to enable members of the local community from the Simonga catchment area, as well as pupils and ex-pupils from the nearby Tujatane School, to learn new skills and build livelihoods for themselves. The Creative Centre buildings have already been completed from donations and the Twaabane project will be supported by fundraising during the initial set-up period. The goal is for it to become self-sustaining in the future, through the sales of its products.
We are looking for someone who is a leader, is self-motivated and self-disciplined. They will need to be able to drive their workload and set their priorities. They must have a passion for empowering the local community. The ideal candidate will also need to be able to manage a highly varied and busy workload, in a demanding setting. As the role will be varied a creative and proactive approach to all areas of work will be important. They should be committed to delivering a high-quality service, which will also mean that they are willing and able to work outside of normal working hours when the needs of the job require it.
- Programme Management – programme design, programmes policies, oversee implementation and monitor and evaluate community projects
- Manage Programme and Centre Budgets
- Oversee and ensure effective Programme and Centre Budget reporting
- Ensure compliance with policies, councils permits, legal requirements.
- Implementation of Centre policies, ensuring they are updated and new policies created when needed
- Manage and oversee all communications for the Centre (including reports, newsletters, updates and social media)
- Manage the Twaabane Creative Centre Employees
- Recruit experts to implement the training aspects of the Centre Programmes
- Identify and develop artisanal product ranges
- Ensure the product ranges have good production management, pricing, marketing and sales
- Ensure the local community takes ownership of and is fully involved in the Twaabane Creative Centre.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Degree Level or equivalent
- Strong managerial skills and experience, with strong decision-making capabilities.
- Experience in developing community projects – which are beneficial to the community and well implemented.
- Experience in setting up or running a small business, preferably an artisanal business, managing sales channels, marketing products and dealing with customers (locally and internationally).
- Experience in recruiting, managing and motivating staff (knowledge of different kinds of contracts and Zambian Labour Law)
- Financial management – developing budgets, monitoring budgets, budget reporting
- Experience of working with a local community and being empathetic to their needs
- Highly organised, with a high standard of attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills in both written and spoken English.
- Computer literate, in particular, high understanding of MS Word and Excel
This package includes a competitive salary.
Method of ApplicationIf you are interested in this position or want more information (including a full Job Description) then email Vanessa Parker at [email protected]. Applications must include a Cover Letter, CV (3 pages maximum), and 3 contactable professional references. Please include Twabaane General Manager Application as the email subject.
Closing date 1st November 2021