FMNR & Carbon Stock Manager at World Vision
- Company: World Vision
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia - WorldVision Jobs in Zambia
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
The Job will support FMNR and Carbon Stock Projects. The role will deliver all outcomes related to Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) and Carbon Stock Programme outcomes. He/She will lead WV Zambia movement on regeneration of degraded farmlands and forest in Zambia
Technical Program Support
- Support the adherence to Carbon Stock Management SI No.66 of 2021 in all Forest & Carbon Projects within the EL&R Technical Program.
- Contextualize and lead WV global movement of regeneration of degraded farmlands and forests in Zambia to contribute to the one billion ha target worldwide.
- Development of appropriate tools guidelines & protocols for implementation of FMNR and other forest carbon models.
- Provide technical support and leadership to Area Programmes (APs) in the Forest Management to ensure this natural resource contributes to the livelihoods of communities so that parents and caregivers provide well for their children.
- Support designing of biodiversity and forest conservation / Carbon projects with appropriate interventions that meet the needs of communities.
- Support APs in quality activity implementation to ensure that the programme is within scope, time and budget.
- Support the design of appropriate FMNR and Forest Carbon Stock Management Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for effective implementation.
- Support development of structures such as Community Forest Management Groups (CFMGs) in respective chiefdoms and operational Area Programs.
- Ensuring all implementing partners are using community participatory processes and building consensus with the community members in developing an equitable benefit-sharing mechanism.
- Ensure formal application to relevant government authority for all Carbon Stock projects under WVZ.
- Work closely with the M&E specialist under the TP to promote transparency and develop tools to capture evidence of reduced deforestation and forest degradation for projects being implemented.
- Facilitate forest & Carbon Stock Management related Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, WVZ technical program staff, and other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation.
- Support staff orientation and participate in building the capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency
- Provide input in performance appraisal of AP technical programme staff for increased accountability
Prepositioning, Networking, Collaboration, and Liaison
- Create strong linkages with relevant Government Ministries and departments including; Green Economy & Environment, Forest, Agriculture, Climate Change, and seek ways of collaboration with other government initiatives on Carbon Stock Management.
- Position WVZ for new opportunities in FMNR and Carbon Stock
- Coordinate all stakeholders including communities and implementing partners in forums /workshops/ meetings for sharing and learning on Carbon Stocks Management for improved programming
- Identification of partners and building strong consortiums together with communities for learning and advocacy on issues to do with the conservation of forest, environment and biodiversity
- Lead WVZ EL&R TP on building the capacity of staff and other stakeholders in Carbon Stock Management including; carbon credit selling, registering carbon credits, and working with validation/verification bodies.
- Support design and development of FMNR and carbon stock concepts and proposals for new acquisition.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Participate and review data collection tools in conducting research/studies to generate lessons learnt for programme improvement.
- Support the development of a GIS database (including maps for all WVZ forest projects.
- Support forest /carbon-related research/Studies or related topics and produce technical briefs for sharing with key stakeholders.
- Utilize and adapt learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform programming
- Support development of key indicators for communities participatory monitoring teams to monitor for impact on people’s livelihoods.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for timely submission.
- Ensure all emerging industry technical standards are captured, documented and shared across APs
- Other duties as designated by the Technical Program Manager or his/her delegate.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Forestry, Environment, Climate Change, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture or related qualifications is required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working on Forest Carbon Stock projects with community participation. Further experience in GIS and remote sensing in deforestation and degradation projects including Landscape Management and Restoration will be added advantage.
- Experience in managing donor-funded community-based livelihoods projects while conserving biodiversity & forests.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in activity budget tracking & management. preferably with an international NGO.
- Working experience in consortiums with various stakeholders contributing to project deliverables
- Proven ability in working with large integrated grant-funded projects in Zambia
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, and information management systems.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2022.