Finance Intern at BAT
- Company: BAT
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
BAT is evolving at pace – truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT ZAMBIA IS LOOKING FOR A FINANCE INTERN TO JOIN OUR TEAM IN LUSAKA
SENIORITY LEVEL: Internship
SALARY RANGE: competitive salary
LOCATION: Lusaka, Zambia
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Assist in business functions in the areas of either Accounting and Finance (AP, AR, Commercial Finance and Corporate Finance)
- Monthly reconciliations and clearing of reconciling items on time and in line with Finance Procedures.
- Assist in daily clearing of bank account transactions.
- Assist in supplier open items review ahead of the Payment run, execute blocking/unblocking for documents and submit to GBS every Wednesday for payments run on Thursday.
- Assist in submission of supplier invoices to GBS for processing.
- Assist in preparing accurate, meaningful reports on an ad hoc basis for management.
- Performing other relevant support activities as and when required.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- We expect you to have graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any related field from the University within the last 2 years.
- We are looking for someone driven, ambitious and with a zeal for learning. You will need to have an analytical approach, complimented by excellent organisational and planning skills.
- If you have the talent and expertise to make your mark in a global organisation that thrives on diversity, innovation and a commitment to helping people make the most of their abilities, send through your application!
WE ARE BAT
At BAT we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
BATSA is an equal opportunity employer who believes in the power of a truly diverse workforce. Preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups as we aim towards achievement of our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging strategy and Employment Equity plan.
Be vigilant – BAT will never ask a job candidate for money for any reason, including paying for visa, work permits or pre-employment checks. If someone invites you to apply for a BAT role and asks for payment for these types of activities, it is not a legitimate BAT job.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2023.