Finance & Administration Manager at Tetra Tech
- Company: Tetra Tech
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
The Integrated Land and Resource Governance (ILRG) project, funded by USAID and implemented by Tetra Tech ARD, requires a full-time Finance and Administration Manager. The ILRG project is supporting improved land governance in customary and state areas through partnerships with local implementing partners in Eastern and Central Provinces; supporting additional implementers with technical assistance on land documentation processes and data management; and liaising with government on best practices that may be integrated into upcoming efforts to scale up land documentation processes. The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for supporting overall financial and administrative functions. This position is based in Lusaka.
- Maintain and update the project accounting and financial control systems in accordance with USAID and Tetra Tech ARD policies and regulations;
- Prepare and manage payments to consultants, vendors, and subcontractor in a timely and efficient manner;
- Ensure all project transactions are appropriately recorded in project accounting system and that Tetra Tech ARD accounting and payment standards and procedures are followed and implemented;
- Prepare project monthly financial reports and submit to the Tetra Tech ARD home office in accordance with the company accounting calendar;
- Process the confidential payment of monthly payroll and coordinate payment of all required taxes and NAPSA contributions;
- Reconcile bank records and prepare the monthly bank report;
- Manage project cash flow, identify when the project needs to request more funds from the Tetra Tech ARD home office, and complete the required request documentation;
- Manage the VAT exemption process;
- Issue travel advances and ensure they are properly reconciled with complete expense reports;
- Undertake spot checks of the project’s petty cash, managed by the Finance and Administration Officer;
- Participate in the procurement process for goods as needed, including reviewing procurement documentation prepared by the project’s Finance and Administration Officer before it is submitted for approval;
- Lead the local subcontracting process, including circulating the request for proposals, receiving and reviewing proposals, negotiating with identified awardees, drafting the required documentation for review and approval, and processing subcontractor payments;
- Support grant management as requested, including assisting with reviewing grant applications, gathering required background documentation, monitoring grant implementation, providing administrative and financial management support and capacity-building to grantees, and carrying out grant disbursements;
- Manage HR records for project employees including employment contracts, annual evaluation forms, annual leave tracking, etc.;
- Support logistical organization for project events such as workshops and meetings, including identifying venue, tracking presentations and other inputs, sending invitations and managing participant questions, ensuring required supplies are on-hand, and calculating and distributing participant per diem, where required;
- Provide regular updates to the project’s Chief of Party/Country Coordinator (based in Zambia) and Deputy Chief of Party (remote) on administrative and financial tasks that are underway or upcoming;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or Procurement and Logistics Management. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team building skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work in multicultural environment.
- Three or more years of experience carrying out financial management or accounting functions. Previous experience using QuickBooks accounting software is a plus.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience in office administration and finance. Previous finance experience with a USAID-funded organization or project is desired.
Method of Application
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Zambia for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Email your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter to [email protected] with the subject line Zambia F&A Manager.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted.
Tetra Tech ARD is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.