Farm Manager (Central Province) at Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
- Company: Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
The Farm Manager will be responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of all work and activities at the Farm. Working closely with department heads, preparing budgets, purchasing supplies, maintaining relationships with vendors and clients, and ensuring maximum profitability. Maintain local and regional professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science within Southern Africa.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety requirements and government regulations
- Organizing the sale and purchase of livestock, crops and plants, equipment for the enterprise and supplies
- Working with Head Finance in setting budgets and production targets
- Infrastructure planning, creation and maintenance;
- Installation, maintenance and monitoring of deer fencing;
- Work with Head of Procurement in Buying and selling animals or produce
- Keeping records of livestock and/or crops and financial records
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Staying up to date with information on Crops, pests and diseases
- Organize all maintenance and repairs for the property and equipment/machinery
- Marketing/advertising the business’ products and any sub-contract work
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, and livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all farm staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of production new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional local and Regional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science in Africa (Southern and East Africa mostly).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work in a team environment with proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Excellent organizational Skills
- Ability to work in a Multicultural Environment
- Good record-keeping skills;
- Good communication skills;
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, or Equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of Extensive experience in a farming-related field.
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 work experience as a Farm Manager
- Demonstrated farm planning experience and working knowledge of farm infrastructure;
- Experience in growing using organic/biodynamic principles;
- Experience working with farm machinery;
- Operations Management experience would be a plus.
- Must have a passion for agriculture.
- Must be ready to work and stay at the Farm (Rural Set-up)
- Must have an interest in working with youth and Agric youth programs;
Method of ApplicationIf you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and Copy-in [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE