Environmental Officer at Olibul Investments Ltd
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Olibul Investments Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
GROUP FUNCTION / BUSINESS UNIT: Olibul Investments Ltd
DATE: 11 July 2019
OPERATION: Wabituwo Site
JOB LEVEL: O3
JOB REF NO: ENV 01
DISCIPLINE: Compliance & Public Relations
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Site Manager / Managing Director
ROLE SUMMARY (PURPOSE)
This role is responsible to ensure effective implementation and adherence to environmental standards and guidelines applicable to the mining operations, this include implementation and adherence to environmental legislation requirements and conditions as outlined in the Environmental authorizations. Coordinate, maintain and update data required for environmental reporting. Identification of environmental risk associated with the mining operations, as well as assist in addressing potential problems. Evaluate environmental audit reports compiled by environmental consultants and follow-up on audit report recommendations and corrective action implemented by the mines. Investigate environmental incidents and maintain a system of reporting incidents. Organize employee’s environmental awareness training for to ensure that employees are familiar with the environmental risks associated with their duties.
KEY WORK OUTPUTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Implement procedural, reporting and monitoring requirements as prescribed by Environmental Legislation and applicable Regulations
- Implement, assess and monitor performance, commitments and recommendations of the Mine’s Environmental Management Programme, authorisations and assessments
- Implementation of Environmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Implementation of Environmental Awareness Program
- All environmental impacts are routinely assessed and addressed.
- Environmental risk assessment and hazard identification
- Implementing, maintaining and monitoring an environmental management system based on the operations’ approved Environmental Management Programme and approved Water Use Licence
- Compiling stakeholder reports on pertinent environmental monitoring data
- Maintaining a system of reporting environmental incidents and reviewing recommendations to rectify deviations
- Updating and maintaining the operations’ environmental aspect register and monitoring management programmes/actions for significant aspects
- Direct mine employees and contractors on how to implement environmental requirements such as pollution control, waste reduction, best environmental management practices as well as other requirements listed in the approved Environmental Management Program(EMP) and Zambia Environmental Management Agency (ZEMA)
- Conduct regular environmental audits to ensure that environmental requirements are adhered
- Ensure effective implementation of recommendations made by External Environmental Auditors.
- Manage Waste Collection on site, and maintain records of waste disposal certificates
- Compile Quarterly reports for amount of Waste disposed and update the South African Waste Information System
- Understanding sampling technics in relation to water and air quality monitoring
- Maintain a database of water consumption, and distribution
- Managing small contractors e.g. grass cutting, weeds removal, maintenance of trenches
- Inspect and monitor compliance with ZEMA requirements including approved ZEMA and Water Regulators conditions that require site verification (i.e. Erosion,Contamination (by oil spillages, inappropriate waste disposal, Rehabilitation Progress)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Up to date reports
- Effectively interact with clients, officials, contractors and others
- Perform advisory functions to employees at an operational level
- Ensure accurate submission/reporting of various Environment reports, to statutory/regulatory bodies, as required.
- Ensure legal compliance of all Environment policies, and provide input into policy updates and reviews.
- Relevant degree or diploma in Environmental Science/ Mining Engineering
- 3-5 years’ experience in mining/process environment in related field.
- Relevant Environmental Short-Course in Environmental legislation).
- Computer literacy: MS Office
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Olibul Investments Ltd shall apply the Employment Equity principles as set out in Company’s Employment Equity Policy
- Incomplete CV’s and/or applications will not be considered.
- If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the closing of the advert, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- Internal Candidate’s that wish to apply for this opportunity must inform their supervisors upon applying
Closing date: The closing date for applications: 19 July 2019