Enel Green Power Jobs in Zambia : Mechanical Engineer
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Enel Green Power
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
This Mechanical Engineering staff position is responsible for contractor mechanical activities during project implementation of a renewable power plant; will monitor project progression and keep each venture on schedule and in compliance with codes, within time, cost, quality, safety and environmental to contribute to the efficiency of projects in the execution phase.
- Overall coordination of construction documents from internal and external sources with consistency to sizing and development procedures established for each project;
- Ensure that all mechanical maintenance activities are performed according to established engineering specifications and in the most effective manner.
- Perform electric, hydraulic, mechanical inspections, testing, repair, and troubleshooting, in accordance with its specifications.
- Ensure that all O&M activities performed at project sites complies with OEM (original equipment manufacturer) requirements and warranties
- Lays out and inspects completed work on pipe fitting, generators, switch gears, and other electrical work.
- Develop, prepare and control for technical construction specifications, schematic drawings, layouts and blueprints;
- AutoCAD design/drafting as necessary to assist the design team;
- Insure design documents are in accordance with the appropriate client requirements and criteria, and that appropriate documentation is applied to all transactions;
- Review and reconcile Quality Control (QC) documents and field data to insure design standards are being met;
· Observe and report findings of daily site mechanical activities from subcontractors; raise Field Observation Reports for deficiencies when required;
· Create reports to monitor, and track mechanical activities relating to project schedule through daily and weekly plans, logs and reports;
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes.
- Provide input based on lessons learned to the construction team for use in contractor and vendor contract negotiations including pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
· In depth knowledge of industrial construction practices, power plant engineering, plant operation requirements, and environmental and safety requirements;
· Ability to work with High Voltage (HV) equipment.
· Knowledge of National Electrical Code and standard design/construction practices Knowledge of Operation & Maintenance of HV Equipment
· Considerable knowledge of electrical circuits pertaining to power plants.
· Considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
· Proficiency in monitoring contractors’ performance in the areas safety, quality, environmental conformance, and schedule;
· Review all drawings and notify the Site Manager of any problems regarding constructability and design deficiencies;
· Raise RFIs for unclear design, unspecified materials, discrepancy in the design etc.
- Microsoft word processing, spread sheet, excel, and projects scheduling software.
- Knowledge in installation and commissioning of rotating equipment (pumps, generators, turbines)
- Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills;
- Detailed individual with organizational skills to compile and track project documentation;
- Good personal work skills with due consideration for office protocol and expectations;
- Valid Driver’s License.
· BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or equivalent of supervising large utility scale power generation construction projects;
- 5+ years’ major utility or major industrial construction in the mechanical engineering field;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 100% of time including temporary assignment to projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Country Language;
- Knowledge of Italian language will be consider a plus.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.