Effluent Treatment Operator at First Quantum Minerals
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Area of accountability is lime mixing, transfer and intermediate facilities from point of withdrawal from the ETP storage areas, to point of discharge.
- Environmental control at remote positions with addition of bulk lime and control of water flows.
- Mobile equipment operation where and when required.
- Wear and maintain PPE.
- Follow KML safety procedures and guidelines.
- Undertake any ad hoc or non-routine requests assigned by the Supervisor.
Complete operating checks according to instructions given by the Supervisor and
- deliver to the Supervisor prior to end of each shift.
- Communicate issues in lime mixing that will affect the pH, such as incorrect mixing strength, issues with batch quality, flowability or other.
- Ensure that the equipment is operating according to procedures.
- Ensure that prior to end of each day shift that sufficient quantities of lime reagent are available for overnight use without further mixing.
- Clean up if spillage occurs inside the bunded area.
- Assist the Shift Supervisor in his duties and be able to cover his duties when required.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Equipment specific training (loader, forklift, bobcat, telehandler, cranes) and qualifications backed by Zambian and/or KML specific certificates of competency, as dictated by company policy.
Experience & Skills:
- At least 1 year of experience in a processing plant, preferably in copper production.
- At least 1 year of experience in operation of the required mobile equipment
- Strong drive to maximise production and improve the circuit operations.
- Commitment to SHEC performance.
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability for circuit operations.
- Ability to work and manage problems/actions across the time frame of one shift.
- Possess ability to analyse and understand metallurgical & equipment information.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be diligent and thorough in approach.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- English language fluency