Driver at Plan International Zambia
- Company: Plan International Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia - Plan International Jobs in Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following position:
DRIVER (X1), CHONGWE
The purpose of the Driver is to undertake safe and secure transportation of Plan staff, materials and documents; and undertake vehicle service and maintenance in accordance with Plan policies and procedures.
- Transporting of Plan visitors and staff to and from the airport/hotel/office/field to ensure the smooth flow of operations and ensuring safety of staff.
- Provide driving support to the organization, while adhering to standard driving regulations and obeying the traffic law as per the schedule and with punctuality
- Responsible for collection and delivery of Plan documents and materials as well as any other messenger duties to enable the smooth flow of work
- Collect and deliver project supplies mails, and other documents from and to Plan International Zambia Country office and Program Areas
- Adhering to Plan policies and procedures on vehicle management and maintaining the vehicle log book as per the set instructions
- Ensure vehicles are clean and well equipped with the necessary tools in collaboration with the fleet management responsible staff
- Undertake daily vehicle checking every morning and reporting to the fleet management responsible person
- Checking and following up the vehicle service and maintenance schedule and processing the request collecting the vehicle upon completion of the work
- Provide information to the fleet management responsible in case of accidents/ incidents and having vehicles technically inspected annually.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Valid Drivers’ License, Class B manual
- A minimum of 3 years driving experience in similar role
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child protection, Community participation and partnership
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions
- Self-management and personal accountability
- Working knowledge of English and the common national language
- Seasoned driver, willing and able to work long hours regularly (including some weekends)
- Be able to work in a team
- Vehicle Cleaning and minor service repairs and as well as urgent breakdown repairs
- Time management
Method of ApplicationTo apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to [email protected] Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 12th July, 2022, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Organizational & Development Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
LUSAKA. We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.