Depot Assistant at Spectra Oil Corporation Limited
- Company: Spectra Oil Corporation Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Zambia
At Spectra Oil, our company mission is Dedication to the highest quality of Customer Service delivered with passion and efficiency all the time.
Spectra is a values-driven organisation where Integrity, Excellence through our people, Empowered, Teamwork and Performance are integral to everything we do. These values are reflected in all Spectra employees do and drive the individual and group behaviours and attitudes of every Spectra team member. Our values are the standards of excellence we strive to achieve as a successful business and a responsible corporate citizen.
POST TITLE : Depot Assistant 1
FUNCTION : Operations
RESPONSIBLE TO : Distribution Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka
Purpose of the job:
We are looking for Depot Assistant to support in the efficient and smooth running of our Lusaka depot.
The depot assistant supporting the distribution manager is responsible for ensuring customer orders are fulfilled, and all monies and stock are balanced daily.
Nature and Scope of activities:
The position requires an organised, efficient person with strong communication and numeric skills.
You will be a key point of contact when customers visit the depot
You will ensure all counter activities, cash control and stock procedures run efficiently.
A successful depot assistant should have experience with office software (MS 365, Outlook, and spreadsheets) and be able to accurately handle numeric and administrative duties.
1. JOB PURPOSE
a) Support and assist customers with their orders, collections and answering any queries with positive affect
b) Responsible for receipt all monies from daily sales, ensuring monies balance and are safeguarded before banking.
c) Responsible for the handling of petty cash.
d) Have good relationships with Distribution managers, sales teams, and drivers to ensure accuracy.
2.1 Counter Service
· Attend to customers who come to the Depot for their lubricant and fuel requirements.
· Attend to phone calls from customers and respond to enquiries promptly.
· Maintain a proper order register for verbal, phone and physical orders.
· Produce invoices as per customer sales status.
· Promptly send quotations as requested by customers (internal and external).
2.2 Cash Control
· Receive all the monies paid up by all customers as per invoice.
· Prepare sales receipts for acknowledgement of the monies.
· Record all payments in the cash register.
· Maintain Depot imprest for the Depot operations. (e.g. handling of petty cash)
· Ensure that all invoices issued on daily basis are accurately raised, properly accounted for, and filed in proper files.
· Ensure that all product accounting documents are filed and kept as per financial standing instructions for audit purposes.
· Ensure all documents relating to Depot imprest are properly filed (e.g. petty cash)
2.4 Other duties
· Manage other ad-hoc duties, both office based and in the yard, under instruction of the Distribution Manager
· Assist with stock counts and reconciliations
· To perform any other duties as and when delegated to do so.
3. The person
3.1 The job holder should possess the following attributes:-
Commercial (Industry) Awareness
Strong analytical skills and sound judgement
3.2 A relevant qualification in Business Studies, Economics, or Engineering is mandatory
DEADLINE 14th SEPTEMBER 2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th September , 2022.