Data Demand and Information Use Officer at John Snow Inc.
- Company: John Snow Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health professional for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID) PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copper belt, and North-Western. USAID SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position: Data Demand & Information Use Officer
Position Type: Consultant
Reports to: Data Manager
Under the supervision of the Data Manager, the Data Demand & Information use, will support the development and use of data systems with USAID SAFE and will ensure efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of databases, including DHIS2 and data analysis procedures.
- Support Strategic information (SI) team with report development and updated information on the different programs.
- Work with the SI team to design and review data analysis for all program areas which goes beyond routine quarterly performance tracking to help identify problems and opportunities to improve program performance.
- Conduct multi-site analysis of health facility data on key reports required by SMT and stakeholders
- Compile and create trends for monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reports
- Train other team members on best DDIU practices
- Work with the SI team to analyze findings, treatment outcomes, and supportive supervision data in order to develop recommendations for strengthening program performance.
- Provide technical inputs and respond to ad hoc requests for data, analysis, presentations and information.
- Participate in writing M&E quarterly progress report
Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics or Computer Science with 3+ years practical experience in data management.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Health and/or HIV/AIDS programs, including planning, design, and implementation of M&E systems will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel for data visualization and management.
- Experience working with DHIS2 for data entry, data visualization, data analysis and management and design.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues orally and written in a clear and organized manner to health and non-health audiences
- Analytical skills with the ability to summarize and present disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience working with USAID, CDC, DOD, PEFPAR and any other donor funded projects or programs
- Computer literacy skills in a statistical program (advantageous)
- Experience working with DHIS2, DATIM, SmartCare, SQL and Databases
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 14th April, 2021.