Data Analytics and Visual Officer at John Snow Inc.
- Company: John Snow Inc.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Zambia
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health professional for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID) PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copper belt, and North-Western. USAID SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position: HMIS officer
Position Type: Consultant with a possibility for long term employment
Reports to: Data Manager
Under the supervision of the Data Manager the Data analytics and visualization Officer will responsible for designing and implementing a strategic vision for electronic systems (DHIS2) to analyze, report, visualize, and disseminate program data. S/he will work closely with the strategic Information Unit and project team to implement innovative data visualization tools tailored to country-specific needs.
- Supports users by developing DHIS2 documentation, quality assurance, collection and assistance tools.
- Works closely with other teams across the organization and contributes to team meetings to understand and mitigate issues as well as improve performance of DHIS2.
- Support development of the DHIS2 system, updates, to comply with project requirements.
- Document and produce user guides and manuals for DHIS2.
- Writing progress reports on the status of the developed tools in DHIS2.
- Support in generating DATIM import files for quarterly, Semi, Annual reporting.
Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
- 3+ years practical experience in data management.
- Experience working with DHIS2 for data entry, data visualization, data analysis and management and design.
- Experience working with the Structured Query Language (SQL) for data manipulation and reporting
- Experience working with an industry enterprise relational database system like: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results.
- Experience working with USAID, CDC, DOD, PEFPAR and any other donor funded projects or programs
- Experience working with DHIS2, DATIM, SmartCare, SQL and Databases
- Working knowledge of at least one statistical package like SAS, SPSS, STATA, R
- Working knowledge of GIS software like ArcGIS, QGIS
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience working in Software programming with skills and experience in Microsoft Visual Studio package that include (C++, C# and .NET programming)
- Working knowledge of any programming language
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 14th April, 2021.