Copperbelt Energy Corporation Jobs in Zambia : Controller
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Copperbelt Energy Corporation
- Location: Kitwe, Copperbelt Province, Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Copperbelt Energy Corporation PLC (CEC) is an independent power transmission and distribution Company with interests in closely linked businesses in Zambia and the African region.
CEC invites applications from suitably qualified, innovative and dynamic individuals to take up the position of Controller based at our Head Office in Kitwe and reporting to the Senior Engineer – System Operations.
To assist with the control and co-ordination of operations of the CEC power system and to ensure safety of all persons and equipment so as to safeguard continuity of electrical power supply as per Power Supply Agreements to customers.
- Carry out switching operations by remote control so as to maintain continuity of electrical power to customers.
- Issue systems operating instructions clearly and competently to ensure safe working conditions of the system in line with the CEC system.
- Assess system abnormalities correctly so that corrective action is taken to restore electrical power within the shortest possible time.
- Maintain accurate record of system operations in the master log book for reference, management use and billing purposes.
- Adjust the system control operating diagram to show and maintain accurate overview of the system for smooth running.
- Ensure that frequency and voltage are maintained within the limits laid down in bulk supply agreement and the power supply agreement.
- Issue work permit on the equipment taken out of the system to responsible person.
- Control the system maximum demand so as to keep maximum demand below the set target while ensuring reliability and continuous supply of electrical power to customers at minimum operational cost.
- Ensure System Regulations are adhered to for the safety of all persons working on the system, the safety of equipment and continuity of electrical supply to consumers.
- Undertake any other job that may be assigned to him from time to time in compliance with company program of multi-skilling.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum: Grade 12 Certificate
- Desirable: Diploma in Electrical Technology or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Computer literate and fully conversant with the Microsoft Office suite
- Accreditation: Registered Engineer of Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in power system control or a role and context of similar complexity
- Good writing and interpersonal skills
- Good public relations skills
- Good presentation skills using constructive and logical approaches.
- Sound business acumen with ability to anticipate and interpret changes impacting on the Electricity Industry
- Good understanding of generating plants, transmission and distribution networks and interconnected systems
How to Apply
If you are keen on the above position, kindly email your application to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject line of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title as the filename of your application (e.g., GemstoneGobe_Engineer – Cyber Security). The application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
The closing date is 23 May 2018.