25 Nov 2021
Coordinator, Occupational Health at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
- Interacting with the Industrial hygiene department to mutually understand workplace hazards and risks, link occupational risk exposure profiles into homogenous exposure groups and development a risk/ exposure-based fitness for work and medical surveillance programme. The role will require the current system to be reviewed and updated
- Management of the risk based medical surveillance program including consistent review and updates to keep the programme in line with Zambian and global best practice guidelines.
- Management and collaboration with the occupational health service provider to ensure quality service is maintained and a smooth process flow is in place.
- Training and upskilling of the clinical occupational health team and administration team.
- Ensure a holistic approach is followed for return to work by reviewing the management action plan and ensuring collaboration of the relevant doctor, medical director, fitness coordinator, specialists and other health professionals.
- Review and monitoring work capacity certificates and medical status reports for medical boarding recommendations.
- Give input to develop the work hardening program and ensure appropriate referrals are made to it with appropriate measures to track outcomes and return of investment.
- Identify complex cases that need more specialized occupational medicine opinion and consult with the relevant specialists for injury and disability management.
- Work collaboratively with nominated stakeholders on the mine sites including HR, industrial hygiene and safety departments and ensure that communication involving occupational health matters is done effectively and in good time.
- Develop methods for tracking effectiveness of interventions and review the programmes where necessary including continuous review of SOP’s and occupational health guidelines and processes.
- The incumbent should ensure regular reports are made available on occupational health matters including attendance, trends of occupational disease and health risk assessments. On the basis of this, review and revise programmes as required.
- Identify the need for and coordinate multidisciplinary meetings. It is important that communication between different stakeholders is facilitated regularly.
- Manage and implement an electronic health records system
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in occupational health or occupational medicine AND a degree in a health profession
- Post-graduate degree in occupational health or health surveillance will be beneficial
- Any additional certificates or training in the area of organizational psychology, wellness programming or health promotions would be beneficial
- 5 years’ experience in the design and management of risk based health surveillance programs and return to work planning or disability management.
- 3 years managerial experience of an occupational health program and managing an occupational health team
- Understanding of working in a multidisciplinary health team is essential
- Experience in working in an international setting and delivering health care services in the mining sector, ideally in a remote and resource constrained area.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th November , 2021.