25 Nov 2021
Coordinator, ERT at First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: FQM
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
To assist in conducting professional and proactive emergency response training as well as Implementation of Emergency Response and fire operating procedures.
- Ensure established company Emergency Response practices and procedures are upheld.
- Undertake Fire risk assessments before commencement of works as required.
- Prepare Training programme on a monthly basis and report progress.
- Update all fire inspection records and procedures on the site.
- Ensure all regular fire inspections across the site are done within the scope
- Maintain emergency preparedness and response procedures for fire, hazchem spills, & handling.
- Undertake incident simulations and preparedness drills.
- Ensure testing programs for all Emergency Response Equipment and detection systems are done in accordance with the Mining Regulation.
- Provide accurate and detailed weekly and monthly reports.
- Conduct basic firefighting training for all employees on site.
- Make follow ups on all hot works in high risk areas requiring fire cover
- Maintain Emergency Response Equipment including Fixed Fire protection, First
- Aid, communication and Emergency vehicles and Rescue Equipment
- Any duties as assigned by Management.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of Degree in Safety Management- CIEH or Equivalent
- Advanced First Aid / Advanced Life Support Certificate/Advanced Trauma Life Support Certificate.
- Fire Service Statutory Examinations Leading Fire-Fighter or Sub/Officers will be an added advantage.
- Fire Prevention and Breathing Apparatus courses.
- Holder of Class C Drivers Licence.
- A minimum of 5-8 years post qualification experience with at least 3 years in the mining industry
- Able to command and control Emergency Response teams.
- Experience in Firefighting & Rescue Operation Procedures.
- Experience in Emergency Management and Crisis Preparedness/Management.
Sharing is Caring! Click on the Icons Below and Share
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 8th December , 2021.