Consultancy at Plan International
- Company: Plan International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Zambia
About Plan International
Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s centered development and humanitarian organization in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations. Plan International purpose statement “We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls”.
Plan International core values are:
- We strive for lasting impact
- We are open and accountable
- We work well together
- We are inclusive and empowering
Plan International is currently implementing a SIDA funded project entitled Strengthening CSOs for the promotion of a safe and secure environment for children and young people (CIVSAM) in 4 districts of central province. The aim of the project is to strengthen CSO capacity to promote a safe and secure environment for children and young people in Central Province of Zambia.
- Children and young people equipped with the knowledge on child rights to ensure child protection i.e. being aware of their rights and knowing where to report child rights violations in the community.
- Changed attitudes, practices and behaviors towards ASRHR, among children, young people, parents, religious leaders, health workers and traditional leaders.
- Children and young people are empowered to claim their SRH rights and are assured access to Child and youth friendly comprehensive sexual reproductive health services.
- Improved (ensured and increased) meaningful participation of children and youths in decision making processes (i.e. increased reporting on child protection, advocating for their rights, initiating and formulating policy) at community and district levels.
Partner organizations are primarily members of the consortium under the CIVSAM Project (namely Child Line Life Line, SAFAIDS, Afya Mzuri, and Restless Development & Plan International) who are implementing interventions under thematic areas;
- Child Protection
- Youth Governance and Participation
- CSO Strengthening
Plan International is seeking the services of a consultant to:
- Train selected CIVSAM Project Staff (Partners and Plan) in Organization Development who will then conduct partner organization capacity assessments.
- Adapt the existing Plan International tool and templates for Assessment and Organization development (Part of the CIVSAM guidance notes) to fit into Zambia’s context
- Work with the trained Project staff to conduct Participatory organization capacity assessment for selected CSOs including partner in the CIVSAM consortium using the customized/adapted Assessment tool and OD template.
- Work with the Project staff (Both Plan and Partners) to develop an Organizational Capacity Building plan based on the outcomes of the Organizational Capacity Assessments.
The purpose of this assignment is to strengthen the capacity of Plan and CIVSAM partner organizations in organization development assessments through training and mentoring. The outcome of the assignment is for CSOs to be able to identify their capacity gaps and to develop action plan aimed at addressing the gaps.
Scope of the Assignment
The consultant shall:
- Train partner organizations in Organization development assessment
- Develop/Customize Organizational Capacity Assessment tools and Organizational Capacity Building Template(s)
- Provide ongoing support, follow ups and mentoring support to partner organizations during CSO Organization development assessment and development of capacity development plans.
Deliverables and Outputs
The deliverables and outputs of this assignment are:
- Partner organizations trained in organization development assessment
- Organizational Capacity Assessment tools and templates covering holistic institutional assessment and capacity enhancement are developed or adapted.
- Agreed timelines for conducting and finalization of the partner assessments and development of Capacity Building plans.
- Partner Organizations mentored through the development of capacity assessments.
- Develop and share the partner assessment report and Institutional Capacity Development Plans.
Timeframe and Payment
The consultant is expected to complete the assignment within 8 weeks from the date of signing of the contract by both parties, subject to adjustments as required and mutually agreed upon.
The payment shall be based on approved deliverables and outputs and invoices following a payment schedule to be agreed upon with the successful consultant.
Plan International shall supervise the consultant’s work. The assignment will commence with a briefing and end with a debriefing. The consultant is to ensure reports for training, Capacity Assessments and Building Plans and mentorship program are shared on time.
Method of ApplicationAll applicants should provide a proposal covering the following aspects:
- Detailed response to the TOR
- Proposed training package
- Proposed Assessment methodology/Approach, tool and Organizational Capacity Building template
- Ethics and child safeguarding approaches, including any identified risks and associated mitigation strategies
- Example of previous work
- Detailed budget, including daily fee rates, expenses, etc.
- Police Certificates of Good Conduct – especially where there is primary data collection