Chief Technology Officer at Sherdana
- Company: Sherdana
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Incubator – Job description
Seeded by successful entrepreneurs with over 40 years of track-record in successfully building start-ups from seed to exit. The objective is to build a tech incubator in Zambia which builds on local talent to provide innovative tech solutions globally.
Looking for a Chief Technology Officer that has 10+ years of experience in the technology space and preferably already lives, or is open to relocate to Lusaka, Zambia. You enjoy coaching young people into their first career steps, and you find it interesting to pass on your knowledge to them. At the same time you are passionate about technology and you have a client-first mindset.
In this role you will have the challenge to:
• Build an initial technical team of software developers.
• Establish a curriculum of a 4 month boot camp for high school graduates to become successful Full Stack Developers.
• Teach together with your initial team a first cohort of high school graduates.
• Manage IT development assignments for clients globally. Doing projects for clients is the first step in our discovery process for ideas of incubation.
• Select key talent from the boot camps and let them work on new ideas & coach them technically to build MVPs (minimum Viable Products).
You are a strong leader with:
• Deep knowledge in software engineering
• In-depth knowledge of web platforms and ecosystems
• You have know-how of DevOps and how to manage cloud instances with docker, kubernetes etc.
You stand out if:
A big plus goes for candidates which:
• Have previous experience as a CTO at a start-up before.
• Have taught engineering classes before to students in Software engineering
• Have experience in Web 3.0 (Blockchain, Metaverse) or Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
• Already lives in Zambia and talks local languages
What we offer you:
We dream big and we want you to dream with us and make this come true together. As part of this role, we will offer you:
• A competitive salary
• In case of relocation, a one-time fee to get settled in Zambia
• Share plan to participate in equity
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Closing Date : 13th October, 2022.