Deputy Chief of Party – Technical, Zambia Integrated HIV at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia - FHI 360 Jobs in Zambia
Deputy Chief of Party-Technical, Zambia Integrated HIV & Health Activity
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Deputy Chief of Party-Technical (DCOP-T).
The DCOP/ Technical Lead (DCOP/T) will provide overall technical leadership and direction of all activities for an anticipated United States Government (USG) project which will improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality, client-centered HIV, TB/HIV, MNCH, and FP/RH services, products, and information, and will strengthen the integration of services.
The DCOP/T will oversee all technical aspects of project implementation. In consultation with the Chief of Party (COP), will ensure close coordination with USAID and other stakeholders, ensuring that all project interventions are of high quality and lead to measurable impact. The DCOP/T will be responsible for providing overall technical and strategic leadership to the project; manage technical capacity development of the program; provide portfolio management leadership in the management, implementation, prioritization, sequencing, and selection of projects; supervise staff who support the technical aspects of the project; plans and directs schedules; monitors the program from initiation through delivery and close out.
The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
- Leads the tactical activities for the program, developing and implementing processes and procedures to achieve strategic technical goals of the program.
- Serve as the main point of contact with regional and in-country technical experts, government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of the project.
- Ensures the quality of implemented technical activities and systems at all levels.
- Represents FHI360 to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Supervises program in-country technical staff
- Serves as primary decision maker for technical issues on the program
- Monitor implementation of program activities through periodic consultations, monthly progress review meetings, reports review, and field visits
- Oversees the strategic direction, budgetary planning, and technical processes of the project to ensure that program objectives are met
The Applicant must meet or exceed the qualifications listed below:
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Public Health, International Development, or related field preferred.
- Typically requires 12+ years of experience in a specialized technical/medical field of study.
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships.
- Experience with a USG contract preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomatic skills to effectively coordinate, collaborate, and partner, governments, donors, civil society, private sector.
- Oversee and leads projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Demonstrated experience in managing international development programs.
- Demonstrated experience with strong technical/project leadership including a positive professional reputation, strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum, MS Office, etc.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th September , 2022.