Chief of Party – ZAM – Health at Society for Family Health
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Society for Family Health
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Zambia
Chief of Party, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health)
Society for Family Health is recruiting for the position of Chief of Party, Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM – HEALTH) to be based in Lusaka to lead the management, coordination and reporting of all activities under an anticipated $35-38M 5-year USAID-funded project in Zambia. The project will improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the use of essential health products and services among priority audiences through expanded availability and accessibility of quality health products and services in the private sector.
The Chief of Party will ensure that the activity produces the results specified in the annual work plans, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The COP will act as the main point of contact with USAID and the key liaison between USAID and other stakeholders that are involved in program implementation. He / She will also ensure that the program is represented in national technical, policy, and planning forums with USAID, the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), and key commercial and private stakeholders. This position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
USAID /Zambia intends to grant a five year, $35 to $38 million cooperative agreement to improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the use of essential health products and services among priority audiences. The Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) activity will accomplish this by sustainably expanding the availability and accessibility of quality health products and services in the private sector, improving health knowledge, and increasing the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. Within the framework of a total market approach (IMA), the activity will employ private sector approaches such as social marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with commercial and for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes.
USAID defines the Journey to Self-Reliance as a country’s ability to plan, finance, and implement solutions to solve its own development challenges. As outlined in USAID’s recently released Private Sector Engagement Policy (available at: https://www.usaid.gov/work-usaid/private-sectorengagement/ policy), the private sector has an important role to play on this journey as countries seek to mobilize additional resources to address development challenges. Through the ZAM-Health activity, USAID /Zambia intends to strengthen Zambia’s private sector healthcare delivery platforms to improve the sustainable provision of quality products and services and to reach underserved audiences with quality healthcare. ‘Private sector’ refers to both commercial, for-profit entities and nonprofit, non-governmental organizations including faith based organizations and social marketing organizations. The term ‘private sector healthcare providers’ includes private hospitals, private clinics, pharmacies, and health shops.
- Lead and manage Research Monitoring and Evaluation Department
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of the ZAM-HEALTH project.
- Oversee a management team in the project office, as well as key focal points across other regions in Zambia.
- Lead internal and external program planning, communication, and reporting with sub-partners.
- Build relationships and capacity among partners. Provide overall oversight of the project and maintain effective and regular communication with donors, implementing partners, Zambia government entities and the private sector.
- Serve as the focal point for engaging in dialogue with the GRZ central and decentralized levels in conjunction with donors on key issues relevant to ZAM-HEALTH in Zambia.
- Serve as main point of contact/representative of the project to USAID.
- Ensure the effective use and coordination of USAID resources and the compliance of the financial systems and controls with USAID standards.
- Ensure high-quality periodic reporting in line with USAID and PSI requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or higher in Public Health, Business Administration, international development or related field;
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible experience managing public health programs in sub-Saharan Africa or other resource-limited settings;
- Proven leadership experience galvanizing government support and buy-in across GRZ ministries and working collaboratively with high-level stakeholders across sectors;
- Demonstrated management and supervisory capability in leading large teams & projects of similar scope, including financial and human resource management skills;
- Recognized expertise in private sector service delivery, social marketing and public private partnerships;
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG funded activity management,
- Policies and procedures;
- References will be required.
Other skills and attributes
- The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a passion for total market approaches to development; and proven ability to produce results.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively negotiating with host governments, donors, other USAID projects, ideally in Zambia, local organizations and partners.
- Experience in building institution, local technical, management and leadership capacity.
- A good understanding of Social Marketing and Total Market and Approach’s principles and cost recovery analysis.
- Ability to successfully recruit, train, develop and manage staff.
- Ability to manage cooperative agreements and all required programmatic and financial reporting requirements, including sub-grant management.
- Ability to perform internal control functions to manage day-to-day operations of the project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent management skills.
This position is contingent upon funding
How to Apply
This position is contingent upon funding
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV.
Clearly indicate in the subject line of the email “Chief of Party – ZAM Health”
Closing Date: 16th August 2019
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]