Chief Internal Auditor at Mukuba University
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Mukuba University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR
Mukuba University invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to the position of Chief Internal Auditor:
To enable the Council (through the Audit and Risk Committee and the Vice Chancellor (CEO)) discharge it’s oversight role by monitoring and evaluating on a continuous basis the adequacy and effectiveness of the University’s network of risk management, control, and governance processes, as designed and presented by management to ensure compliance with the Public Finance Act NO. 1 of 2018 and Higher Education Act No. 4 of 2013.
Provide independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve the universityis operations, risk management, and controls.
- Developing and implementing a cohesive internal audit strategy aimed at mitigating a wide range of business, financial, and operational risks while strengthening the University’s intemal controls.
- Managing the internal audit team
- Developing and executing the internal audit plan, which is aligned to the University’s risk assessment
- Providing an annual assessment of University’s systems of intemal control
- Managing audit reviews and providing recommendations to line management
- Managing factual findings surveys/reviews and reporting on them
- Reporting to the Audit Committee and Executive Management
- Grade 12 Certificate with Five “O” levels with credits in English and Mathematics
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business from a recognized University and /or
- Attained an internationally recognized Professional Accountancy Qualification such as Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA); Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA) etc.
- Experience overseeing or supervising an internal audit function along with rofessional staff.
- An understanding of the IIA code of ethics and for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate must be professionally qualified with at least five (5) years’ post qualification experience in a Higher Institution of Learning, large institution or Professional auditing firms and must:
- Possess high levels of personal and professional integrity and vision;
- Have exceptional leadership qualities and a good record of personal achievement and demonstrated analytical and administrative abilities.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to inspire, and motivate colleagues.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Auditing environment
How to Apply
Applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic, professional certificates and three (03) names of referees, two (02) of whom must be professionally acquainted with the applicant. The applications marked for CIA position should be addressed to the undersigned to reach by Friday 26th July, 2019. Please kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will becontacted.
Itimpi, Off Chingola Road
P O Box 20382
E-mail: [email protected]