Capacity Development Director at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia - John Snow Inc. (JSI) Jobs in Zambia
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Undeserved Populations (CHEKUP II)
Job Title: Capacity Development Director
Position Type: Full time
Supervisor: Chief of Party
Posting Location: Lusaka
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Zambia for over 25 years.
JSI seeks a dynamic and experienced Capacity Development Director (CDD) for the USAID funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity. This is a five-year project to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control, improving the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI and Media 365.
The CDD is a full-time position based in Lusaka and embedded within the CHEKUP II implementer, JSH. S/he will lead organizational capacity strengthening efforts at all levels. This includes working with CHEKUP II’s implementer by mentoring both the SMT and finance and operations team in key areas including general administrative processes, financial management, procurement, accounting, grant program management, human resources, information technology and logistics. S/he will also facilitate a variety of organizational and technical capacity strengthening processes with major subawardees and subgrant partners.
The CDD reports operationally and programmatically to the prime partner’s COP. They will have a JSI supervisor for organizational, human resources and technical support. As a cross-cutting position, the CDD collaborates with project management as well as subgrants, finance and programs staff on all CD efforts.
- Provide overall strategic and technical guidance for all things related to capacity development – including setting capacity and organizational performance standards, creating capacity development approaches, and ensuring capacity development service provision is appropriate and effective.
- Utilize JSI’s organizational capacity assessment (OCA) and technical capacity assessment (TCA), or other tools in addition to PEPFAR SI Capacity Assessment tool to assist partners and local sub-partners in self-assessment to assist in identifying areas for needed improvement and action planning.
- Co-create, alongside CHEKUP II partners, working agreements that articulate a shared vision, establishing objectives and defining decision-making practices.
- Conduct OCAs and TCAs, including baseline assessments, in collaboration with CHEKUP II partners and local sub-partners.
- Develop and monitor OCA and TCA action plans that clearly map out requirements, timelines, and benchmarks.
- Ensure early warning systems are in place to identify when further support is required in specific areas.
- Perform quarterly check-ins with partners to identify areas for further refinements and support.
- Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- Master’s or advanced degree and 10 years of experience in business management, organizational behavior, public health, international development, or relevant area
- Minimum of five years of experience designing and leading capacity development activities for USAID in the field of public health.
- Strong experience in capacity development, including organizational capacity development, designing diagnostic tools, facilitating capacity development action plans, designing effective capacity development interventions, organizing capacity service provision, and promoting innovation and learning in this area.
- Knowledge and experience in strengthening project management, finance, human resources and operations systems.
- Certification in project management, training, human and institutional capacity development (HICD), a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding local systems and building consortia, associations, and networks for systems change, shared learning, and collective action in the health sector.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th October, 2022.