IT Business Relationship Lead at First Quantum Minerals Ltd
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]obwebzambia.com
- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Solwezi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
- Coordinate ICT project status reports, schedules and manage meetings.
- Lead the detection, analysis and resolution of technical problems.
- Coordinate and manage communication between the local ICT team and regional ICT team.
- Coordinating ICT project activities and ensuring that all project phases are appropriately documented and managed.
- Training staff in the field of computer operation and all knowledge related to the job.
- Main point of contact on site for VIP stakeholders.
- Align with key stakeholders on site to ensure all IT requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintain the capability of the IT team to meet requirements.
- Support business in shaping business demand and facilitates prioritization through relevant processes.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be innovative and creative.
- Ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure.
- Leadership and management experience.
- An excellent ability to build rapport with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- A good understanding of computer hardware, communications and network infrastructure.
- A good understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate business needs to technology teams.
- 5+ years&rsquo\; experience working within a global IT team.
- 5+ years&rsquo\; experience in IT management.
- 5+ years&rsquo\; experience working within mixed IT environments.
- IT Security process and procedures (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, etc.)
- BSc focused on Information Technology / Information Systems.
- Business analysis industry certification.
- ITIL Foundation and Service Design certification. Continual Service Improvement advantageous.
- Project management industry certification advantageous.
- Agile (Scrum) Product Owner certification advantageous.
- Process management and optimisation industry certification.
- Business Relationship Management industry certification advantageous.