Boiler Maker at Barrick Gold Corporation
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position Boiler Maker.
Reporting to the Supervisor- LPDC Maintenance , your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Review of maintenance tasks and procedures including JSA’s and SOP’s.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
- Read and interpret drawings with regards to fabrication and manufacturing of new and existing works related to boiler making.
- Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist immediate supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the Infrastructure, new projects and plant and equipment within the LPDC operation.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of Craft Certificate in Welding/boiler making, metal fabrication or equivalent
- Preferably 3 -5 years’ experience in Mining Industry
- Extensive experience in maintenance of fixed plant machinery, associated infrastructure complete with Mechanical industry qualifications.
- Ability to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills
- Must have good communication skills in the English language.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
- Must have a valid Zambian drivers’ licence (Manual).
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply