Blaster at First Quantum Minerals
- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
- The position exists to assist the Shift & Area Supervisor’s with blasting resources, materials and work processes employed on Kalumbila Mine and to provide technical guidance to employees on Blasting- related matters in order to ensure that the planned blasting works are completed on schedule, within budget and as per quality and safety standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining oversight over all day-to-day blasting works on the block,
- QAQC on bench/charging /density of cups.
- Bench quality, charging process of the MMU’s and checking sample cups.
- Ensuring compliance during sleeving and charging activities
- Bench barricading, clearness of Corns and Blast Boards and accountable for non-compliance.
- Capturing and tracking all statistics and data requirements on prescribed forms (i.e. dip- sheets, marked plans).
- Bench House Keeping.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Must have full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Mining Engineering
- Blasting License
- Drivers License
Experience and Skills
- Must have a minimum of 2 year of experience in a blasting environment with short deadlines, environmental requirements compliance
- Prior experience in an open pit setup is an added advantage
- Experience and knowledge in applicable Sleeving Methods
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Axxis Electronics
- Must possess knowledge of working with Xplo loggers
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Quality Driven
- Participate and contribute in safe practice and environmental awareness
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14 Nov, 2020