Biomedical Scientist at Progress Medical Center
- Company: Progress Medical Center
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
The Biomedical Scientist will assist in accurate patient diagnosis through the delivery of a high-quality laboratory service that includes Clinical Chemistry, Haematology, Serology, Immunology, Medical Microbiology, Medical Parasitology and other Pathological Studies.
- Carry out sampling, testing, measuring accurately, recording and analyzing of results according to PMC standard operating procedures.
- Preparing specimens and samples following strict safety precautions.
- Follow all prevention and safety precautions in accordance with national and Hospital guideline.
- Ensure patients particulars on specimen container collaret with those on patients request forms.
- Maintain and operate standard laboratory equipment with caution and care.
- Receive blood from the Blood Bank, test, and record accurate and detailed information prior to blood transfusion in line with national and local procedures.
- Competent in handling and storing chemicals and reagents.
- Responsible for maintaining required cold chain regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring expiry dates on all reagents and chemicals.
- Responsible for accurately completing all patient billing files.
- Responsible for monitoring adequate stock levels and maintaining minimum/maximum levels.
- Calibrate equipment by applying approved testing procedures.
- Serves as a technical resource by participating in staff training and answering questions from other health professionals.
- Identify and communicate abnormal patient results by alerting the requesting doctor promptly.
- Use and maintain correct personal protective equipment (PPE) such as eye protection, lab coats and gloves.
- Promptly report any potential hazards, breakages and faults to relevant authorities
- Read the material safety data sheets for any hazardous products that you use and adhere to all safety recommendations.
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential at all times.
- Carry out instructions as ordered / requested by supervisor.
- Full Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate
- BSc in biomedical sciences.
- HPCZ valid Registration
- 3 years or more work experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent team working skills
- Computer Skills
- Should be 30yrs and above.
Method of Application
Closing date: April 3rd, 2020.