BIA Jobs in Zambia : Senior Rigger
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: BIA
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Zambia
With subsidiaries in more than 21 African countries, BIA’s operations are in the Sales and After-sales services of equipment for mines, quarries, public works, recycling, handling and power generation in West and Central Africa. BIA is able to offer a wide range of equipment and accessories from well-known manufacturers such as Komatsu, Sandvik, Bomag, Cummins and Yale.
BIA Zambia is currently looking for a SENIOR RIGGER for its operations to be based in Kalumbila to start immediately.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in all rigging and lifting activities, to ensure compliance with safety procedures and method statements. Familiar with heavy lift plans and procedures;
- Assists and determines the proper method of lifting equipment for each assigned lift;
- Conducts basic loading of heavy lift projects by rigging the crane equipment and ensuring the proper use of each equipment method;
- Directs crane operators to move equipment to and from work areas;
- Ability to optimize resources (manpower, equipment and materials)
- Ability to read, interpret and follow procedures. Competent in reading and understanding specifications, drawings, and all other discipline related project and engineering documentation.
- Keeps records of all work completed and completion of “Action Lists”;
- Specifies locations for movement of machinery using knowledge of various methods of sliding and lifting equipment;
- Directs workers engaged in splicing ropes and metal cables to form hoisting slings;
- Familiar with and enforces strict compliance with all Safety procedures, including all Company rules and regulations;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Must have 4-6 years of crane rigging or heavy lift experience;
- Must be proficient with basic computer skills;
- Must be proficient in English
- Must have proficient oral and written communication skills;
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Customer focus