Barrick Gold Corporation Jobs in Zambia : Community Relations Officer – Communications & Systems
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Lumwana, Northwestern Province, Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of CommunityRelations Officer – Communications & Systems
Reporting to the Senior Community Relations Officer, you will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting social impact and social risk as well as supporting stake holder engagement, grievance and social impacts/risk management. In addition, you will ensure data integrity and execute enhancements to the system maintaining liaison with departments and other operation staff (especially IT Department) to facilitate the flow of social impact information to and from other department systems.
- Lead on managing Stakeholder Engagement and Stakeholder Communication
- CR management systems and implement the Social Monitoring, Evaluation, and information systems,
- Social Sustainability Program monitoring, including data collection, analysis and development of tools to improve effectiveness of program implementation
- Generates and provides system support to CR superintendent towards review and update of Social Sustainability Management Plan to capture changing environment
- Drafting/compilation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Together with the Grievance Officer to be part of the social risk management team
- Facilitate for Provision of a GIS service (i.e. map development interface with community)
- Coordination of reporting requirements of the CR/Sustainability Department and establishment of strong lines of communication with all the Departments on site.
Coordinates with all departmental functions ensuring all is set as required
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Public Relations, Community Development, Information Systems, Demography, Social work / Sociology or related Social Science
- Minimum experience (3 years) within mining industry background with special strength in monitoring and evaluation systems including social impact monitoring and social risk management.
- Strong Knowledge in Mining Operations and social risk monitoring and management. Added strength in stakeholder communication systems highly recommended.
- Knowledge of social economic impact monitoring, impact assessment and reporting.
- Experience in data management role, SQLqueries and relational data bases. Programming Skills will be additional advantage.
- Ability to demonstrate initiate professional integrity and coo-ordination skills
- Additional Background in communications/Journalism will be as added advantage.