Automotive Mechanic (Heavy Duty Vehicles) x4 at BEM Motors Limited
- Company: BEM Motors Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe - Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
BEM Motors Limited is a transport company running a fleet of buses and haulage trucks. it has mechanical workshops in Kitwe and Lusaka.
BEM Motors Limited is seeking to employee heavy vehicles automotive mechanics with experience in Scania, Volovo and Howo Trucks, Scania, Volvo, Merceds Benz and ZhongTong Buses for both its Kitwe and Lusaka workshops.
- The ideal candidate will be answerable to the Workshop Foremen.
- Diagnosis of mechanical faults and understand the cause, work on the the identified faults and confirm repaired status by closing off the jobs.
- Prepare the Preventive Maintenance Schedule
- Work on all the scheduled works following the Standard Operational Procedures within the stipulated KPI’s.
- Re-examine the work done to ascertain if the fault/s have been resolved, take a test drive of the vehicles under repair before handing over.
- Properly secure all spare parts and account for all used parts.
- Uphold all Safety rules in order to prevent workshop accidents and damage to company property.
- Required to have a high level of initiative when it comes to handling emergency breakdowns which may not have spares available immediately.
- Always be able to know the correct spare parts needed for the job
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience in heavy duty motor vehicles automotive workshop and on Scania, Volvo, Benzi and Chines Vehicles Howo and Zhongtong
- Minimum of advanced Craft Certificate
- High knowledge of Diesel Engines
- Skill in Failure Analysis and ability to resolve the faults
- Able to work on both Hydraulics and Pneumatic
- Ability to keep an updated maintenance record for all completed works, scheduled works and pending works.
- Strong technical knowledge of maintenance operations
- Previous experience in a bus company highly recommended.
If you have the required experience and qualifications you are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.