Arable/Cropping Manager at Silverlands Zambia Limited
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Silverlands Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Silverlands Zambia Limited is an agricultural business which operates in Central and Southern provinces with its head office situated in Lusaka. The Company wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position Arable / Cropping to based in Mkushi.
- To manage the day-to-day operations of approximately 1320 ha irrigated land.
- Have an understanding of seed varieties and selection, planting rates and dates to coincide with the following season;
- Understand the use of fertilizers / chemicals and be able to apply these at the correct rates and for the right reasons and at the right timing. As well as the safety issues regarding the use of chemicals. Scouting knowledge for the identification of pests and diseases;
- Assist with the planning and usage of irrigation.
- To develop innovative approaches and techniques to continually advance new and best practice (such as variable applications);
- To assist with the sourcing, selection and maintenance of all inputs – machinery, equipment, seed, fertilizers’, etc.
- Manage day to day use of farm equipment and implement H&S good practices as per Silverlands Zambia Limited and ZNFU policies.
- Ensure that tasks are completed to a high standard;
- Monitor and assist with the management, recording and supervising of a labour force.
- Sound working knowledge in good farming / soil practices and erosion management
- Full Grade 12 certificate;
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in agriculture or related fields;
- Knowledge of farm operations and agricultural processes;
- Strong analytical and decision making skills;
- Must be computer literate;
- Works well under pressure;
- Is able to communicate in English and local
- Holds a clean drivers’ license;
- Ability to work well in a team and independently with minimum supervision;
- Well-organized, with excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Experience in agribusiness or have demonstrable knowledge of the agricultural industry with a minimum of two years’ work experience as an assistant manager is desirable.