Animal Health Specialist at Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Reports to Microbiologist. The incumbent will provide technical support to Animal Health sentinel laboratory staff; coordinating and facilitating data collection, collation and analysis, and providing feedback loops for improvement, work with the project manager and M&E team to develop, implement, M&E quarterly reports for submission to the management agent and the funder.
- Works with the implementing players to establish a network of database for AMR data from the participating laboratories in the AMR surveillance programme through CVRI for quality control of the data to the VPHU/NALEIC for collation and analysis
- Works with DVS and Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) to establish a harmonised data base for the collection and analysis of AMU data and be able to produce reports as required by the AMR/AMC TWGs, DVS and for the purpose of the country reporting to World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).
- Participates in capacity building including laboratory techniques, epidemiology and statistical analysis and training workshops for the AMR/AMU/AMC surveillance workforce in the country
- Works with the project technical team to provide technical assistance to establish and make functional Animal AMR/AMU TWGs.
- Provides technical assistance for AH laboratory assessments, renovation, refurbishment, restructuring and installation of laboratory equipment in surveillance sites.
- Provides technical assistance in the development of the surveillance plans/ guidelines/ SOPs and training in the implementation of protocols; sample collection, processing and laboratory testing.
- Works with project team members to ensure adherence to laboratory quality management systems across AH surveillance sites and ensure that standard operating procedures including best practices as outlined in the country’s AMR/AMU/AMC strategic plan/ guidelines/protocols are in use and followed.
- Works with the project manager to provide technical assistance to collect, analyse, and review data related to AMR and AMU/AMC patterns in animals (e.g., AMR trends for the zoonotic bacteria/antibiotic combinations in broiler and layer populations)
- Provides technical support to prepare and submit AMR/AMU/AMC-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements
- Continuously collaborates with the technical experts at CIDRZ to assess the technical progress and efficacy of AMR/AMU/AMC surveillance across the animal health domain
- Bachelor’s degree in veterinary medicine or other relevant fields and 5 years of experience in animal health, animal science, animal production, veterinary technology, or a related area.
- Masters’ degree in public health/ epidemiology or microbiology or relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Experience in AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred)
- Prior knowledge and experience working in animal health or medical microbiology laboratory, laboratory management and implementation of QMS in a microbiology laboratory are preferred.
- Experience working with government particularly Division of Veterinary Services, Ministry of Health, and other AH related Ministries to support systems strengthening and surveillance is required.
- Prior experience with livestock management (e.g., nutrition, care, treatment, and health) with an emphasis on poultry
- Ability to facilitate, communicate and coordinate activities with government, stakeholders and implementing partners.
- Biosafety and biosecurity and how to apply principles
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment
- Ability to use Microsoft applications (word, excel, PowerPoint) and common internet applications
- Demonstrate openness to change and ability to receive and integrate feedback
- Excellent knowledge of English, including the ability to write reports clearly and concisely and to set out a logical argument in presentation and group interactions.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Strong time management and meet established timelines.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director, P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: [email protected]