AMSCO Jobs in Zambia : Chief Medical Officer
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: AMSCO
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Zambia
Directs the staff and programs of the organization’s medical and nursing programs. Works closely with hospital staff, department directors, and physicians to ensure that the highest standards of quality and service are maintained.
Duties and responsibilities
- To run the outpatient department and assist with in-patient care
- To attend to all patients in a caring, helpful, punctual and non-negligible manner
- To strictly observe a good manner and code of conduct and maintain confidentiality
- To use the paramedical facilities (Laboratory, X-Ray, Physiotherapy, Ultrasound, ECG etc). In correct and optimum manner.
- To fully explain a diagnosis and treatment to the patient
- To exercise care with Pharmaceuticals and not to over prescribe
- To refer patients without delay to Consultants when not confident with diagnosis or management
- To observe strict aseptic technique and sterilization care for all procedures
- To treat patients with dignity and respect, especially when examining a patient of the opposite gender
- To strictly observe Medical Ethics when dealing with patients , and when dealing with other Doctors patients
- To dress respectably and to wear a white coat when in Clinic and Hospital premises.
- To strictly observe duty hours and call out hours, and not to leave the premises during duty hours.
- To attend to emergencies promptly and efficiently
- To supervise and assess subordinate staff
- To initiate duty rosta’s for all medical doctors
- In charge of all medical departments
- Involved in policy formulation and implementation
- Involved in feasibility study to improve and expand medical services
- To assist the CEO in all areas of management of the organization
- To act as an arbitrator in internal and external medical matters
- Undertake any other duties given by the CEO.
- Fully qualified Medical Doctor
- Over 10 years post qualification experience
- Registered with Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Computer Literate
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have high level of confidentiality and Integrity
- Trustworthy and Honest
How to Apply
Send an application via email to [email protected]. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three contactable referees (email, phone and full addresses).
Closing Date: Tuesday 24th April 20018