American Embassy Zambia Job Vacancy : Supply Supervisor
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: American Embassy Zambia
- Location: Lusaka, Lusaka Province, Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
POSITION: Supply Supervisor
OPENING DATE: May 14, 2018
CLOSING DATE: May 28, 2018
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, 40 hours/Week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-7 (Starting salary ZMW 145,723.94 p.a.);
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The incumbent provides effective overall day-to-day management of the expendable supply function within the GSO section. The position is supervised by the Property and Supply Supervisor and supervises five staff members consisting of office supply, expendables and receiving teams.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: Successful completion of senior secondary school is required. A college diploma in either warehousing, logistics, purchasing and supply, supply chain management or business administration is also required.
- EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in warehousing and supply, and/or logistics is required. One (1) year of additional supervisory experience is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) English and level (Fluent) IV of one local language is required. (English language proficiency will be tested).
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent ability to maintain systematized control over large valuable inventory, much of which is small bulk items is required. The ability to think and act under pressure is also required. Additionally, a valid driver’s license is required. High attention to detail, scrupulous honesty and good management skills are required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Thorough knowledge of pertinent post policy and US Government regulations, particularly the Foreign Affairs Manual General Services Operations section (6 FAM) is required. Ability to work with the PASS software suite and the relevant stock control software is required. A good knowledge of local conditions, customs, and procedures is also required.
How to ApplyApplicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above); and
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)