Administrative Assistant/Receptionist at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Department/Unit: Finance & Administration
Location: Central or Southern Province, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Regional Coordinator (based in either Central or Southern province)
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and experienced candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist – one position based in Central Province, one position based in Southern province, Zambia. S/he will support finance and operations staff for the regional office, and work closely with other staff in the province as well as with Lusaka colleagues. This position will report to the Regional Coordinator, with guidance and support from the Lusaka-based Director of Finance & Administration to help achieve the project’s goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the ~7-person office front desk, answer all incoming calls and in-person queries. Re-direct calls as appropriate and take messages when needed.
- Greet, assist and/or direct visitors to the relevant/appropriate offices.
- Provide administrative assistance support to the technical teams vis-à-vis photocopying, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Maintain office paper filing system.
- Ensure a regular pick up of mail from the post office and maintain tracking system of incoming and outgoing mail. Open and date stamp all general correspondence and distribute to the relevant staff.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of in-house meetings and conference telephone calls.
- Assist in the planning and preparation of out-of-office meetings and trainings as requested.
- Responsible for handling monies (petty cash) and supporting documenting expenditures for technical activities in the province including, processing of mobile money documentation, payment of participants, lodging and other arrangements.
- Maintain schedule for conference rooms.
- Management of the in and out of office sign out boards.
- Management of the Reception Visitors Log Book to enhance security.
- Maintain and update Vehicle Schedule for use of project vehicles in the office.
- Minute taking at office Meetings.
- Handle accommodation logistics for staff as required.
- Provide word-processing and secretarial support.
- Handle courier and document delivery and pick-up.
- Prepare tea and coffee and other refreshments for guests if need arises.
- Implement and adhere to JSH-Z’s personnel operations and fraud management policies.
- Support Stores Clerk to ensure inventory is kept up to date for office and program furnishings and equipment.
- Supervises the TLA and Office Assistant
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, finance, operations and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Coordinator or other senior staff.
- Minimum Grade 12 School Certificate; Bachelor’s in finance, accounting, secretarial, business, economics or related field preferred.
- Basic training in any business related discipline with minimum 4 years work experience.
- Basic filing skills.
- Experience as a receptionist and/or administrative assistant preferred.
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs strongly desired.
- Experience working with NGO preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proven record of office administration and secretarial duties.
- Ability to take initiative and work and lead teams.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will report to the Regional Coordinator, with guidance and support from the Lusaka-based Director of Finance & Administration
Method of ApplicationSend an application via email ONLY to [email protected]. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: August 4, 2021 John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.