Administrative Assistant at John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Company: John Snow Health Zambia Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Position: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Operations Manager
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) is a five-year Activity to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The Activity will employ private-sector approaches to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365, and PharmAccess.
The main Activity objectives are to reach men, adolescents, women of reproductive age, and people living with HIV (PLHIV) with high-quality health products and services through the private-sector. ZAM-Health interventions focus on private sector actors in selected urban and peri-urban areas in Lusaka, Copperbelt, Central, and Southern Provinces, with the possibility to add Northwestern Province if funding allows. Social marketing and behavior change interventions will seek to achieve national coverage
- Providing Logistics/Administrative support for USAID ZAM-Health offices, booking of hotel venues, accommodation for meetings and workshops and prepare/organize meeting and workshop materials.
- Assist the Operations Manager with accurate up-to-date stock records and implementing strict stock control system for all USAID ZAM-Health inventory including office supplies, stationery & consumables and ensure that procurement requests for replenishments are made in a timely manner.
- Assist in obtaining quotations, compiling and analyzing cost information and data to assist in the selection of vendors including preferred vendors for stationary, supplies, outside services, and update information periodically.
- Assist the Operations Manager in maintaining database of preferred hotels, lodges and venues obtaining feedback from project staff to keep information current and updated.
- Assist the Operations Manager with maintaining all SLA with Hotels or Lodges and tracking all related invoices
- Arrange and prepare documents and supervise the photocopying and printing of materials for the project as required
- Facilitate both local & international travel arrangements for USAID ZAM-Health staff as required
- Maintain and distribute up-to-date directory of USAID ZAM-Health staff and stakeholder contact information.
- Provide assistance with collection of invoices for onward processing of payments in line with the Budget
- Assist with arranging transport for staff for project activities for those in Lusaka and outside Lusaka
- Manage the front desk and welcome all visitors to USAID ZAM-Health office;
- Provide logistical support and arrangements for meetings, including the setup of equipment;
- Support visitors to the project with office support facilities;
- Supervise Office Assistant with distribution of internal office documentation;
- Maintain and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Maintain a schedule of mail and documents and visitor records
- Carry out any other administrative and procurement work assigned by the supervisor
Method of ApplicationSend an application via email ONLY to [email protected]. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: December 2, 2021