Acid Plant & Utilities Mechanical Superintendent at First Quantum Minerals
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: First Quantum Minerals
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Work with Senior Managers, other Superintendents, Technologists and Technicians to provide engineering services and support to operations and processing activities
- Oversee many aspects of engineering with specialist teams of engineers, technicians, civil, mechanical, electrical, environmental and chemical engineering
- Assign work to teams, oversee progress, solve problems, and take corrective action when required
- Prepare and negotiate budgets and monitor expenditure
- Prepare technical reports and briefs on equipment, safety, project progress and other matters
- Lead and participate in meetings and briefings, both formal and informal
- Recruit, train and develop employees, with support from HR specialists
- Oversee the development of Supervisors, Artisans and Technicians, providing support, encouragement, advice and guidance
- Ensure that all plant and equipment under your responsibility are maintained in a good, sound and safe condition.
- Ensure to familiarise yourself with, and enforce compliance to Zambian Mining Regulation.
- Minimum of a Degree/Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Previous appointment as a Superintendent in a Smelter environment would be an advantage
- Minimum of 10 Year’s work experience in a production plant environment
- Minimum of 5 Years in a Supervisory capacity
- Sulphuric Acid Plant experience
- Oxygen Process Plant experience
- Rotating equipment experience
- Centrifugal pumps
- Centrifugal compressors
- Centrifugal blowers/fans
- Water cooling systems
- Innovative and enjoys working on new projects
- Organized and a critical thinker
- Responsible and accountable
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong computer skills, including engineering software
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Team player, cooperative and strong interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure
- Must be available for standby duties as and when required.
- Critically assess major equipment operational parameters.
- Forward planning to ensure operational stability