Accounts Officer at Non-governmental Gender Organizations’ Coordinating Council
- Company: Non-governmental Gender Organizations’ Coordinating Council
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
The Non-governmental Gender Organizations’ Coordinating Council (NGOCC) is an umbrella network for gender focused and women led Non-Governmental and Community Based Organizations in Zambia, active in championing women’s empowerment and gender equity and equality in Zambia. In the 32 years of its existence, NGOCC has grown to be the focal point of the women’s movement in Zambia, with a total membership of 97, spread in all the 10 provinces of Zambia and covering 60 districts. In line with its mandate, NGOCC coordinates its MOs through five-year strategic plans which articulate priorities for the period as endorsed by its affiliate member Organizations. NGOCC now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the position of: Accounts Officer
1.0 ACCOUNTS OFFICER
This position is responsible for performing general accounting functions related to NGOCC ensuring compliance with laid down requirements. Reporting to the Accountant, the successful candidate will be responsible for and not limited to:
- Post into Pastel Accounting Package all cash books and prepare monthly bank reconciliations for NGOCC main accounts
- Generate monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Prepare monthly and quarterly variance analysis reports for NGOCC main accounts.
- Acts as a backup payroll specialist and perform payroll job functions in the absence of the Accountant.
- Prepare specific donor financial reports as per contractual obligations.
- Maintain and update the NGOCC Assets Register and schedules including numbering and marking.
Qualifications and Experience
- ACCA II or ZICA Licentiate.
- Part ACCA III or ZICA Professional is an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- Computer literate, Pastel or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written