Accounts Clerk at NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme
- Company: NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ACCOUNTS CLERK
The NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme wishes to recruit an Accounts Clerk for the Scheme to be based in Lusaka. The Staff Pension Scheme is an independent institution from National Pension Scheme Authority. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate relevant experience of having worked in a similar environment.
ACCOUNTS CLERK (GRADE SPF 04)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The main purpose of the position is to raise all Scheme payments and receipts in Sage Accounting Software, reconcile all cash book and bank account transactions to support the preparation of accurate financial statements.
- Post records onto the Sage Accounting to ensure ready availability and accessibility of information required in the preparation of financial statements.
- Initiate, validate and check that payments raised and captured are in line with Generally Accepted Accounting Practices and compliant with Scheme policies.
- Raise tenant invoices and receipts in line with Scheme policies and procedures prepare monthly rental reports,
- Maintain imprest by raising petty cash payments and reimbursements to meet the Scheme’s operational needs.
- Conduct daily bankings in line with Scheme banking procedures to support efficiency and effectiveness in the management of income received.
- Prepare Bank reconciliations to ensure the information on assets at bank is accurate and current for the preparation of financial statements.
- Attend to any other duties that may be assigned.
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- Diploma inAccounts, Part2 ACCA/ClMA/ZlCA/CAZambia/or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of an accounting software such as Sage, Pastel orACCPAC
- Not less than Three (3) years’ experience in a similar organization.
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications must send their curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates including current contact telephone numbers and three (03) traceable references to: –
The Chief Executive Officer
NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme
Plot No. 40 Bwinjimfumu Road
Closing date: 14th August 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.