Accountant x2 at Copperbelt University
Welcome to JobwebZambia.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Zambia. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Copperbelt University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kitwe
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
The Copperbelt University is a Public University established through an Act of Parliament No. 19 of 1987. The University’s core business is Teaching, Research and Consultancy as a service to the nation. The University is an equal opportunity employer and hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment to fill the following positions in the Finance Department:
To control and co-ordinate ledger section activities in order to ensure prompt and accurate ledger postings, reconciliations and facilitate preparation of trial balance and final accounts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides information pertaining to commitment register, receipt and payment, cash books and bank reconciliations.
- Control and co-ordinate the compilation of transactions and postings to various ledger accounts, to facilitate the extraction of trial balance and preparation of final financial statements.
- Collects, collates all budget estimates from schools/directorates and central services department for calculation and consolidation.
- Calculates and consolidates the University capital budget estimate for submission to superiors and Ministry of Higher Education.
- Accounts for the University capital expenditure and maintains the institution’s fixed assets register and prepares draft financial statements.
- Collects information from schools/directorate/departments on acquisitions of fixed assets by the University through purchases and donations.
- Prepares periodical ledgers accounting reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management decision making.
- Performs any other duties lawfully assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Form V or Grade 12 certificate with 5 “O” levels credits in 5 subjects including Mathematics and English
- The applicants should hold a Bachelor of Accountancy Degree qualification from recognised institutions or full ZICA
- Obtained either ACCA or CIMA full Professional Qualifications
- Fully paid up Member of ZICA.
- A minimum of five years experience in finance in a reputable organisation
How to Apply
Interested individuals meeting the above set qualifications should apply sending their applications accompanied by detailed current Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of Academic and Professional qualifications together with three (3) names and address of referees, of which two must be professionally acquainted with the applicant. The application must clearly state the specific position being applied for and must reach the undersigned by Friday 26th, July, 2019 addressed to:
Jambo Drive, Riverside
P O Box 21692
E-Mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.